Monday, October 27, 2008

Designer of the Week: Rachel Gilbert

Rachel Gilbert is relatively new on the fashion scene. The Australian designer launched her line in 2007. A mix of baby-doll and mini "going-out" dresses and floor-length "beach" dresses, the Spring '08/'09 collection is in between casual and elegant, portraying a mix of both. When perusing her latest collection, titled A Moment in Mumbai, you can almost always count on a dress having either rhinestones, sequins, studs or some kind of fringe. The dress below is one of my favorites - fringing & rhinestones...



The winter collection has also put a trance on me - flapper-esque dresses, lots and lots of lace, sheer black gloves, silk bows, studs, and plaid. Check out her website...I am pretty sure you will fall in love.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, I visited her website and really loved all those cocktail dresses! I adore her style. Gorgeous, great find!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin